Thank you so much to LisaAnn over at Kicked, Cornered, Bitten and Scratched for endowing upon me the Versatile Blogger award!!
It's my first blog award! Yaaaay! How exciting!
In return, I should like to pass this blog award on to:
1. Adventures of the Cautionary Tale
3. Mary Ellen's Musings
4. Blackbird in My Window
5. Daniel Kaye
Ok, now on to my seven random facts:
1. I spent five years frittering away money at Court Reporting school before realizing that I actually can't write at 225 words per minute. I am enrolled part-time at a REAL school now, mostly because I can't afford the student loan payments.
2. I am 1/4 Armenian. I wrote a children's novel about my great grandmother, Serpouhi Boranian, and her family's struggle to flee the Armenian Genocide. No, it's not published.
3. I once qualified for MENSA...but only for the language portion.
4. One of my life mottos is: "Can I make that cheaper?" It applies to clothes, jewelry, purses, food, blankets, carpentry, etc. I do all manner of crafts and other projects. I have built a shed, sewed elaborate Halloween costumes, crocheted blankets, and more, mostly because I'm too cheap to buy them myself.
5. I love baking! I'm told I make some mean cakes & pies. My personal favorite is the white chocolate respberry amaretto custard.
6. I trained my dog Punkin how to close kitchen cabinets because I was too lazy to get up and shut them myself.
7. I am one of the most introverted and shy people you'll never meet. I'm only witty and charming on paper.
That's it! Thanks again to LisaAnn for this honor.
On a personal note, it's been a great month so far! I was published for the first time, I got 1 partial and 1 full request from two different agents, my mortgage payment finally went down from the back taxes my mortgage company messed up last year, and I'm still waiting to hear back from the Angry Robots, but Osama bin Laden is still dead.
Have a great week, everybody!