In celebration of my first really-real publication credit—and to shamelessly promote my empire—I’m holding my first blog contest.
I’m going to be giving away a total of FIVE glass tile pendants (although I can make them into rings, if you’d prefer), handmade by yours truly, celebrating the old mythological writing gods/patrons etc. They’re sure to bring you luck and inspiration in all your writing endeavors, as they undoubtedly have for me.
One 1st place winner will get THREE pendants!
Two 2nd place winners will get one pendant each!
They’re custom-made, so you can pick which writing god(s) you’d like. I’ll email the winners my designs and they can choose their favorites.
You can find my list of writing gods/patron saints/inventors, etc., here.
Here are a couple of pictures of some I’ve already made. They are 1.25" long by .75" wide and double-sided, although the bail covers up some of the picture on the back. Please forgive the quality of the photos, as my camera decided to grow a sense of humor the instant I started snapping pictures.
You’re intrigued, I can tell. You’re thinking, “OoO...pretty! How do I win these fantastical pendants?”
1. Follow my blog (duh).
2. Check out the current (.pdf) issue of Writer's Beat Quarterly (Optional, really; I can’t enforce this at all).
3. Post your wittiest, cleverest, most unique response to the question at the end of this post in the comments, ‘Creativity-Exercise’ style. Limit 2 entries per person, and you can’t win twice.
4. The response that makes me laugh so hard that everyone around me thinks I’m having a seizure wins the grand prize, THREE PENDANTS!
5. The two responses that make me almost look like I’m having a seizure get ONE PENDANT each.
6. The selection process will be subjective, based exclusively on which posts bring me the most joy. Bonus points for spreading the word around on your blogs, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
7. Should the urge strike me, I reserve the right to go glue-crazy and pick additional winners, but this is in no way guaranteed.
The Question is:
“What is the best/quickest way to your heart?”
(And you can’t answer, “Through my sternum,” because I just said that.)
You have through May 11th to post your wittiest response in the comments below. Good luck! Yay, prizes and jewelry!
The left boob of course (duh)!ReplyDelete
forsurveysonly at gmail dot com
Yourheart? Is that in Arizona? I'm awful with directions, I'd try Google Maps.ReplyDelete
And congratulations, again!
herbookself at gmail dot com
Not trying to enter your competition... just coming in to say hi.ReplyDelete
And the quickest way is in the fifth intercostal space. A needle works well.
Actually, the quickest way is under the xyphoid process and through the pericardium.ReplyDelete
Unless you're a male. Then it's through your stomach.
Ooh, very pretty. And, the quickest way to my heart is to pump gas for me (paying for it garners huge bonus points these days).ReplyDelete
Well, do YOU like to pump your own gas. Didn't think so...
The quickest way to my heart is to say you loved reading MINDER. But if you say you've now got a crush on Trevor, I'll have to shove you in the lake, 'cuz Trevor's MINE.ReplyDelete
Apparently I'm now following you twice because my computer seems to have bested me once again...ReplyDelete
The quickest way to my heart... Pendant's featuring writing gods and the like, but only ones that are 1.25" long. Huh, go figure.
Did 1 and 2 both before you asked :o)ReplyDelete
There is only one way to my heart: through my beasties.
My soul, though, is much more easily bought.