In celebration of my first really-real publication credit—and to shamelessly promote my empire—I’m holding my first blog contest.
I’m going to be giving away a total of FIVE glass tile pendants (although I can make them into rings, if you’d prefer), handmade by yours truly, celebrating the old mythological writing gods/patrons etc. They’re sure to bring you luck and inspiration in all your writing endeavors, as they undoubtedly have for me.
One 1st place winner will get THREE pendants!
Two 2nd place winners will get one pendant each!
They’re custom-made, so you can pick which writing god(s) you’d like. I’ll email the winners my designs and they can choose their favorites.
You can find my list of writing gods/patron saints/inventors, etc., here.
Here are a couple of pictures of some I’ve already made. They are 1.25" long by .75" wide and double-sided, although the bail covers up some of the picture on the back. Please forgive the quality of the photos, as my camera decided to grow a sense of humor the instant I started snapping pictures.
You’re intrigued, I can tell. You’re thinking, “OoO...pretty! How do I win these fantastical pendants?”
1. Follow my blog (duh).
2. Check out the current (.pdf) issue of Writer's Beat Quarterly (Optional, really; I can’t enforce this at all).
3. Post your wittiest, cleverest, most unique response to the question at the end of this post in the comments, ‘Creativity-Exercise’ style. Limit 2 entries per person, and you can’t win twice.
4. The response that makes me laugh so hard that everyone around me thinks I’m having a seizure wins the grand prize, THREE PENDANTS!
5. The two responses that make me almost look like I’m having a seizure get ONE PENDANT each.
6. The selection process will be subjective, based exclusively on which posts bring me the most joy. Bonus points for spreading the word around on your blogs, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
7. Should the urge strike me, I reserve the right to go glue-crazy and pick additional winners, but this is in no way guaranteed.
The Question is:
“What is the best/quickest way to your heart?”
(And you can’t answer, “Through my sternum,” because I just said that.)
You have through May 11th to post your wittiest response in the comments below. Good luck! Yay, prizes and jewelry!